RSS

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Finally arrived in Pittsburgh

After 6 hours of driving... I have finally arrived in Pittsburgh, PA. Tomorrow is the first day of the Original Sewing & Quilting Expo.. I'm so excited, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas day to arrive :-)
Pittsburgh seems like a very nice place to live. I didn't get a chance to go to the main city area since the expo is in the next town over (Monroeville) but I'll definitely make to sight see after the expo is over.
Trivia Question:
In the past Pittsburgh was know as:
a) Gateway to the West
b) Smoke City
c) Steel City
d) All of the above

If you guested "d", your correct!!!! This town has a rich history, going back to the Native Americans. Can't wait to check it out.
So first stop will be the expo. But after that, there are 10 must see scenic views in Pittsburgh. I think I will have to at least try to hit the first two; Duquesne Incline and the West End Overlook.

More to come over the next few days...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top