RSS

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas..snowflake gifts

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas tomorrow and I have an 65% chance of  getting some snow tomorrow :-)  I'm being optimistic that we will have a white Christmas this year, even if it's only with a few inches.   Snow on Christmas makes the holidays more special. The beauty about snow it is made up of a lot of snowflakes and each snowflake is very unique.  There is not two snowflake alike.  Snowflakes reminds me of people.  Each person is as unique as a snowflake, each with their own name and unique personality.  So this Christmas, I decided to make personalized snowflake names, embroidered on scarfs.
.
With each person's name, I designed the snowflake to try to match their individual personalities. I tried to make each one special and unique.  The ones for the women were more fun to play with all the script fonts options and the ones for the men, I tried to make them simple and masculine.   I love how they came out, I think they came out pretty awesome for my first try.  I hope they will like the personal touch.

The idea of making the snowflake names come from a YouTube video I saw last year.  It was about how words or music can affect water.  Masuru Emoto experimented with crystallizing water to see what shape the water would talk by speaking positive or negative words.  He published his findings in a series of books called "The Hidden Messages in Water".  It's amazing how words or music can affect the way the water crystals formed.  Watch this video to see the effects, it will blow your mind.

 
I can't compete with water crystal formations or real snowflakes but I can make my own.  Here are the ones I made for the ladies:

Anita

Ann

Debora

Imelda

Janie

Linda

Noreen

Saloni

Shaefali

Silviana

Trivena

To see real snowflakes, check out Marion Owen's blog.  Marion camps out in the cold and takes pictures of actual snowflakes.  They look amazing.  Here are the ones for the men:

Abraham

Eugene

Michael

Lukas

Ryan

Shawn

Each person is unique so hopefully I was able to capture their personalities in these snowflake names. So with that, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. May this be a Christmas full of love, laughter and wonderful memories for you and your loved ones. Christmas is not all about present, don't forget about the "Christ" in Christmas. For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
I selected this post to be featured on Craft Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top