RSS

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Early Beginnings.....Crochet

Like I mentioned, I started out with granny squares with regular crocheting yarn. I made things with my grandmother, depending on what she was making. She was able to recreate things by just looking at it; no pattern needed.. I'm not that good. My talents seem to be slightly different.  I can't start with a blank slate when coming up with crafts to make.  I'm better at manipulating or reconfiguring things once I see it.  I have to see something already completed to get my inspiration.  I can copy or improve it as long as I see it or have something already in place to make changes. But if you give me a blank page, it will stay blank.  I would rather start with a pattern or something already done and work to add my personal touches to the pattern.

So getting back to crocheting..
There are so many tutorials out there with videos to help you get started if you want to learn to crochet.  I wish I had these available to me when I was young.  I learned it the old fashion way from crochet books with just pictures.  Here is a tutorial I used in the past from Lion Brand.  Once you learn the basics, the possibilities are endless.  You can make anything from blankets, clothes, doilies to wall hangings (see below).

I started to discover different types of yarn and I eventually fell in love with the thinner yarn to create things like doilies via Filet CrochetHass Designs is my all time favorite place to go to get Filet Crochet patterns.  The best part is the Crochet-Along-Classes.  So you purchase the pattern and sign up for a class.  It gives you step-by-step instructions and you get to work on the same project as fellow crocheters from around-the-world. Or you can work self-paced throughout the year.

I loved Filet Crochet because it was more fun and I can create things that can be personalized. This was the beginning of my journey in creating personalized gifts.
Here are two of my greatest achievements using Filet Crochet.  I created these two wall hangings as wedding gifts. 















Question of the Day:
So if you love Crocheting as much as I do,
what item(s) are you most proud to have created? 



~~Words of Encouragement~~
 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to Top